Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Small Faces have been the Soundtrack Of My Life for nearly half a century. The look, the image and to a lesser degree, the music. I’d buy all the teenage “Pop” mags of the day just for the pictures, then catch a train “up West” to see if I could buy a shirt something similar to the ones that Steve or Ronnie were wearing. The appeal has NEVER wavered and even now five decades on I still get a tremendous buzz  by discovering a pic. of the band that I’ve never seen before. They get fewer and fewer!


John Hellier on what the small faces mean to him (Wapping Warf & keeper of the small faces flame!)

2 comments:

  1. Hello mate. Love your blog, quality! Thought I'd give you a heads up on my band Marmalade Sky. We got tunes & info available at myspace.com/marmaladeskyband and facebook.com/marmaladeskyband
    Wondered if you'd check us out, let us know what you reckon. Cheers for your time.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Dan,

    excellent!

    drop me a line at simonfranklin@yahoo.com

    about doing something for the blog!

    absolutely brilliant name!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete