Thursday 28 April 2011

I discovered mod through bands like oasis,blur,ocean colour scene etc,what the media called britpop as did alot of people on the different mod scenes around the world,many are ashamed to admit that now,but it was a great time circa 94/97 and i embraced the whole thing,style,music,attitude the lot and will always carry a little with me till i die i guess. The bands at the time would name check their influences and id always source them out,bands like the small faces,the who,the creation,the beatles etc and i loved them all,still do.its also opened me up to even more obscure type music,like love,gram parsons,nillson i could go on forever as my passion for music of all types rages like a furnace and keeps me excited through the gems i discover on a daily basis,As for the style of clothes mods wear its a very individual thing,i mix it up with ivy league,psychedelic vintage,and comtemporary looks that form my own style and spin on the mod uniform,Hair and shoes are the starting block if you have shit hair and shit shoes forget it! whats more important than music and style absolutely nothing although my family come very close Ha haha..




darron j connett on how he took the road to a mod(ern) life

No comments:

Post a Comment