Wednesday 27 April 2011

the secret faces (wayne morgan) - desert island choices

choose a music biography or autobiography

Roadrunner: Rock Tours in 60s London by Lars Madelid.

'During the 1960s, London was the Mecca of pop music. This completely new, richly illustrated guide takes readers on a full tour of a London crawling with pop stars and musical geniuses. Included are Syd Barrett's favourite restaurant, the flat Ringo Starr, Jimi Hendrix and John Lennon shared, the birthplace of British rythm & blues, The Beatles and Brian Jones' favourite local - which is still there today and more. Each entry is illustrated with pictures of the place in the 60s and nowadays. The best way to experience London's illustrious musical history.'



A 7" single, you get the b-side for free



"My Mind's Eye" was originally intended to be an album track by the band but was released as a single without their knowledge or consent whilst touring in the north of England. Don Arden had been eager for the group to release a song before Christmas and released an unfinished, rough demo copy in his possession. The single was a hit, reaching number 4 on the UK singles chart, but in terms of relations between Arden and Small Faces, it was to signal the end of the band's relationship with both Arden and Decca.[1]
Marriott admitted using part of the popular Christmas song "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" as inspiration for the melody to the chorus"




I’m seeking everyday
Looking at the sky
ever wondering why
I dream my dream’s away
And I’m living for today
In my mind’s eye

Things are clearer than before
Showing me the way
Asking me to stay
I’ll never close the door
To all this things and more
In my mind’s eye

Everybody I know
Saids I’ve changed
Laughing behind their hands
I thing their strange

People running everywhere
Running through my life
I couldn’t give a care
Because I couldn’t see
All that I can see
In my mind’s eye

In my mind’s eye



A-side    in my minds eye 



B-side   I can't dance with you




favourite piece of clothing, now or past



pretty green parka

finally a musical Instrument - can be a named guitar or anything, maybe something you'd like!



The Rickenbacker 360 is an electric, semi-acoustic guitar made by Rickenbacker, and part of the Rickenbacker 300 Series. The instrument incorporates many features standard on Rickenbacker guitars, including a three-ply maple/walnut neck, shallow headstock angle, a thick rosewood fretboard finished with clear conversion varnish, and double truss rods. The 360 also features stereo or mono output, a body with Rickenbacker's "crescent moon" cutaway shape and rounded top edge and bound back, and an "R"-shaped trapeze tailpiece. A twelve string version of the 360 (Rickenbacker 360/12) is available. A three pickup version of this model is also available, the 370. Many of the most famous recordings by The Beatles including "A Hard Days Night" is based on the George Harrisons 12 strings Rickenbacker 360. John Lennon as well was known for his use of the short scale Rickenbacker 325. Also Pete Townshend of The Who and John Fogerty of Credence Clearwater Revival used Rickenbackers. It is also the principal guitar of R.E.M.'s Peter Buck.

rickenbacker 330

No comments:

Post a Comment