Wednesday 18 May 2011

from 'ijamming'

tony fletcher's mightly readable website, for all fans of popular culture since 1977!


ijamming here!

Good Music Is Good Music Is Good Music

May 18th, 2011
I recently conducted an interview for the web site Find The Torch, Burn The PlansAs well as responding to a bunch of written questions, I was asked to compile a Playlist for the site. Thanks to 8tracks.com, which I used for playlists to accompany my last book All Hopped Up and Ready To Go(though I’ve yet to put up playlists for the final few chapters, cough cough) this was a relatively easy process; I trolled through iTunes and put up a bunch of songs that called my name. They’re from a multitude of artists and genres: from Carbon/Silicon back to Chick Webb via Chuck Jacksonand more. Have a listen as you go about your work or play today; you might hear something you haven’t heard for a while. Just click on the play button below. (That’s DB in the background, another Brit expat and all-round good guy go-getter, picture taken back at the Royale in Brooklyn, 2004 I believe, when I hosted the Step On monthly party. Jesus, how time flies.) And if you want more from me, the interview can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment