Tuesday 8 March 2011

Groovy Uncle - Can't Get Arrested

from the new album 'Play Something We Know' comes the track 'Can't Get Arrested', at the weekend Groovy Uncle and the gang filmed a video for one of the tracks, but hey you don't want me to tell you all about it, over to you Glenn.......
ps shameless endorsement, but you really need to get this album, tell 'em your uncle sent you ;) the groovy one!





"I wrote this song  3 or four years ago and always liked it. I'd had "one of those days" and things weren't going well music wise. I locked myself away for a day and wrote and recorded the demo and felt much better! The demo is slower and murkier than the finished album version, although the arrangement is the same. The only thing that is radically different is Ben's lead solo which in my opinion is the ingredient that totally transforms the song and takes it to a better place. Ben is really good at that sort of thing- coming up with ideas that I'd never think of and he's such a fine musician. He's got a new album out this month too, called "Kaleidoscope". Shameless plug there, I know.
After the tremendous response we received regarding the "Count On Me" video we filmed last November, I thought we needed a second wind of publicity for the album's release and "Can't Get Arrested" seemed like the perfect contender. It's a different style to "Count On Me" and so acts as proof that we're not too formulaic- I didn't want a "more of the same" video, that would be too easy. i wanted to highlight the variety of songs that appear on the album.
      I knew I wanted a "busking" theme and that we should all look a bit "down-at-heel" so I invited Ben and Ian along to a location in Rochester. It's surprising how hard it is to find a suitable expanse of old brick wall as a backdrop! There are always issues of disruption and traffic etc but the area where we filmed was perfect. We made an early start on Saturday 5th March and Phil Dillon (Medway Eyes photographer) along with a couple of small people (Josie and Syd) made cameo appearances. It was cold but good fun. All done in time for breakfast! "

1 comment:

  1. vinyl landed today.
    just given it a spin, first impressions brilliant.
    fully recommended.
    now to rip to cd so i can play it the car and take my mind off the journey to work

    ReplyDelete